[vtkusers] Configuration error

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Tue Aug 30 09:12:21 EDT 2005

Uwe Köhler wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> never had build problems with VTK before, but this leaves me perplexed:
>
> I tried to compile VTK 4.4 on SuSE Linux 9.3 64bit (AMD) with Cmake 2.0.6 and
> 2.2.0 (x86 build) and always ended up getting errors during configuration
> (see below). I checked the mailing list and found several questions in the
> direction of this error, but no answers.
>
> Can anyone help me with this, please?
> /usr/local/src/VTK-binary/CMake/libcmVTK_WRAP_TCL2.so does exist, I am root
> and have read and execute permission. I also checked that it is indeed at
> 64-bit elf library. That is all I can come up with.

...but is the CMake executable a 64-bit elf binary too?  If not it won't
be able to load the command.  Try bootstrapping CMake from source using
the same compiler and flags you're using to build VTK.

FYI, the loaded commands are no longer used in CVS VTK and they have
been replaced by macros to avoid exactly this kind of problem.

-Brad