[vtkusers] Compiling erros VTK/Cygwin

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Sun Aug 28 16:49:17 EDT 2005

Mathieu Malaterre wrote:
> Thanks, it's is now added as a bug report:
>
> http://vtk.org/Bug/bug.php?op=show&bugid=2191&pos=
>
> Mathieu
>
> Patrick Cheng wrote:
>
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> I am compiling CVS VTK under Cygwin and get the following error msg:
>>
>> /cygdrive/c/Patrick/VTK/Cygwin/VolumeRendering/vtkVolumeTextureMapper3D_FourDepe
>>
>> ndentShadeFP.h:206: error: stray '\' in program
>> /cygdrive/c/Patrick/VTK/Cygwin/VolumeRendering/vtkVolumeTextureMapper3D_FourDepe
>>
>> ndentShadeFP.h:206: error: missing terminating " character
>>
>> it seems that the "\n" is not being reconized as an line mark. how to
>> solve this?

Please create your own login to the bug tracker if you don't have one
already.  Then login and attach a copy of your

   Cygwin/VolumeRendering/vtkVolumeTextureMapper3D_FourDependentShadeFP.h

file.  Also, please post in the bug report the output of running

   cygcheck -s

in your cygwin shell.

Thanks,
-Brad