[vtkusers] vtk *.raw Can't read vtkVolume16Reader ERROR !!!Help!!!!

Joshua Thomas joshua.j.thomas at gmail.com
Sat Aug 20 06:32:17 EDT 2005

Dear All,

I am using Vtk with TCL. doing an assignment.

i converted  all the imagefiles with *.dc into *.raw using windows wildcard.
E.g C:\>temp> dicom2 --to=temp -r *

Currently the files are in (im001,im002 .....im123) with no
extensions. I am i using the correct way to call the files in the temp
folder by using "im" ?

Now i am using  vtkVolume16Reader  to map the data

vtkVolume16Reader v16
  v16 SetDataDimensions 512 512
  v16 SetDataByteOrderToLittleEndian
  v16 SetFilePrefix  "$VTK_DATA_ROOT/Data/temp/im"
  v16 SetImageRange 1 123
  v16 SetDataSpacing  20 20 10

The error i am facing right now is
ERROR:
vtkVolume16Reader Can't find file
ERROR:
vtkPolyDataNormals.....no data to generate.

I changed the dataspacing into 20 20 10 and the image size is 512 x 512 x123

I am trying for one week to figure it out. i really need someones help

Regards
JJ