[vtkusers] vtkVolumeTextureMapper3D z depth different than when using vtkVolumeRayCastMapper, same input data and spacing though

Mark Wyszomierski markww at gmail.com
Fri Aug 19 09:30:20 EDT 2005

Hi all,

While examining the differences between vtkVolumeTextureMapper3D and
vtkVolumeRayCastMapper, I noticed that the z spacing of my volumes
appears differently for the same data when I switch between these
mappers - even though I specified the same exact spacing in my
vtkImageData input, and my vtkImageData contains the same information.

What could be the reason for which the volumes appear to have a
different 'thickness'? The depth of my volume using
vtkVolumeTextureMapper3D appears to be about 1.5 times that when using
vtkVolumeRayCastMapper,

Thanks,
Mark