[vtkusers] RenderWindow capture works with VolumeRayCastMapper but not VolumeTextureMapper3D?

Mark Wyszomierski markww at gmail.com
Thu Aug 18 12:14:17 EDT 2005

Hi all,

I have been volume rendering with the VolumeTextureMapper3D class and
the VolumeRayCastMapper class as well.

When it comes to printing, and I'm using the VolumeRayCastMapper, I
can capture from my render window the volume and printing is fine.

If I am rendering using the VolumeTextureMapper3D however, the volume
is never captured although all my other actors in the scene do appear
in the print out. Is there anything special that needs to be done when
using VolumeTextureMapper3D? I capture like this:

void OnPrint(CDC *pDC)
{
    RenderWindow->SetupMemoryRendering(200,200, pDC->GetSafeHdc());
    RenderWindow->Render();
    HDC hdcMem = RenderWindow->GetMemoryDC();
    StretchBlt(pDC->GetSafeHdc(),0,0,400,400,hdcMem,0,0,200,200,SRCCOPY);
    RenderWindow->ResumeScreenRendering();
}

Normal user interaction is fine for both methods, just when it comes
to this print operation the texture mapper doesnt want to be captured!

Thanks,
Mark