[vtkusers] Using QVTKWidget with Qt 3.2.3

Murat Ahat murat.ahat at gmail.com
Thu Aug 18 08:07:35 EDT 2005

> Hi,
>
> I am using Qt 3.2.3. I want to use QVTKWidget in my Qt project. With
> "CMake" I have build the libraries of 'VTK'. But GUISupport directory
> is not created in my build directory and the lib files are also not
> created in 'bin' subdirectory of build directory.
>
> Can somebody help me to solve this?
>
> Thanks,
> Bharati Page.

Hi bharati,
  I don't know if you have done all of these, but let me explain it
from the beginning. you have to have the CVS version of vtk. cause QVT
support is in cvs version.

  1) cmake -i    (use cmake with interactive mode)
  2) choose "yes" to enable "expert mode"  ( i forgot exactly, but
something like expert mode, maybe advanced options).
  3) you will see a lot of options that you have not seen in the normal
mode. check them out if you wanna change something.
  4) AMONG THEM, you will see a option like "build with GUI support",
select it. (if it is "OFF", you have to set it "ON").
  5) Later you will see another option like "build with QT support",
and set it on too.
  6) now you will see a lot of qt related options, and hopefully
automaticly detected by cmake. (if not, you have set it by yourself).
  7) after cmake done, now you can "make" it.

 hopefully you can make it without errors. check out the examples, and
you will find them useful to begin with. GOOD LUCK

Murat