[vtkusers] help!

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Wed Aug 17 12:11:38 EDT 2005

jxia at nuaa.edu.cn wrote:
> Hi,
> When I try to compile VTK on Linux, I got following error messages:
> /home/xiajian/VTK/Rendering/vtkFreeTypeFontCache.cxx:24:31: vtkfreetypeConfig.h: No such file or directory
> /home/xiajian/VTK/Rendering/vtkFreeTypeFontCache.cxx:25:27: vtkftglConfig.h: No such file or directory
> /home/xiajian/VTK/Rendering/vtkFreeTypeFontCache.cxx:26:23: FTLibrary.h: No such file or directory
> /home/xiajian/VTK/Rendering/vtkFreeTypeFontCache.cxx:27:65: FTGLPixmapFont.h: No such file or directory
> /home/xiajian/VTK/Rendering/vtkFreeTypeFontCache.cxx:28:79: FTGLBitmapFont.h: No such file or directory
>
> Could you help me? Thanks in advance!

This is due to a subtle difference between CMake 2.0.x and CMake
2.2-beta that is exposing a bug in VTK 4.4's CMakeLists.txt files.  We
are working on a fix.  You should be able to work around it by running:

$ make rebuild_cache
$ make

In the future please include your VTK and CMake versions in such
reports.  It was just lucky that we had seen the problem and that I
could tell what version you were using because your report matched the
problem we'd already seen.

-Brad