[vtkusers] Offscreen Rendering with Windows

Stefan Wesarg stefan.wesarg at igd.fraunhofer.de
Wed Aug 17 03:27:39 EDT 2005

Hi René,

Simply call "OffScreenRenderingOn()" from your vtkRenderWindow object.
It works fine for us (Win2000/XP, VTK 4.4, VisualStudio 6).

Regards,
Stefan

Rene Tschirley wrote:

>Dear all,
>

>Did anybody try to use offscreen rendering on the Windows OS? As far as I
>understand earlier discussions, there is the way to do offscreen
>rendering using the Mesa subsystem on the *nix platform as well as a
>virtual framebuffer.
>
>I'm curious if there is a significant chance to let VTK render images
>which I can then use in my Java application. This has to be as
>platform-independent as possible (a compiled VTK-JAR for each target
>platform would be bad enough for my project), so I don't even want to use
>Cygwin.
>

>Yours,
>René

Dipl.-Phys. Stefan Wesarg

Fraunhofer Institute for Computer Graphics
Cognitive Computing and Medical Imaging (A7)
Fraunhoferstr. 5, 64283 Darmstadt, Germany
email:	stefan.wesarg at igd.fraunhofer.de
http://a7www.igd.fhg.de/persons/swesarg/swesarg.html

phone:	+49 6151 - 155 511
fax:	+49 6151 - 155 480