[vtkusers] re: re: question about some visualization -- show the corresponece between 2 pointsets

Leon Chen liming.leon at gmail.com
Tue Aug 16 22:51:44 EDT 2005

Hi all,

Thank you Scott! :) I will try your idea.

I figure out a way to visualize the 'correspondence' between two
pointsets by myself, and tested it.

The rough idea is:

*create a set of vector given two pointsets - in detail, it is the
3-component tuples, the same number of the points.
*create a new polydata, assign the vector to it
*now, I use the vtkHedgeHog to generate several lines, just like the name.

The advantage is, I can change the length of each lines in all by
scaling the vector, which can be easily done in the vtkHedgeHog. (e.g.
moving a slider) So the correspondence is obvious because of the
lines, and by controlling the lines between two points, we can see the
'mapping' things dynamically.

I have implement the idea and it is fast and effective. I share the
idea and hope it will be useful to everyone! :)

Any comments are welcome!

Leon