[vtkusers] Using a Texture with Volume Rendering

Lisa Avila lisa.avila at kitware.com
Tue Aug 16 16:38:12 EDT 2005

Hi David,

This is an old method of the ray caster that was removed a while ago -
thanks for pointing out the issue in the User's Guide, we will fix this.

This method allowed you to associate an RGB volume with the scalars stored
in the input to the mapper. This can be instead accomplished by using the
vtkFixedPointVolumeRayCastMapper or the vtkVolumeTextureMapper3D with 4
component input (RGBS - S is the scalar value that is passed through the
opacity transfer function to derive alpha)

There is no way to map a 2D texture onto a volume in VTK.

Lisa