[vtkusers] Where is vtkGLUTesselatorTriangleFilter?

Malcolm Drummond malcolm at geovision.co.za
Tue Aug 16 12:28:00 EDT 2005

Where is vtkGLUTesselatorTriangleFilter?Hi Karl

I think it was dropped due to portability issues around GLU. I wrote my own version that exposes more of the switches in the GLU tesselator (winding rule, tolerance, boundary etc). I've been using it for a while within readers (shapefiles and various mine-plan formats) so I could render polygons that are concave and/or have holes. I've only built on Windows (2000 & XP). You're welcome to the code - but to get the results you want I'd recommend you read up on how the GLU Tesselator works.

Contact me off-list if you want the filter.

Regards
Malcolm Drummond
GeoVision cc