[vtkusers] delaunay3d: degenerate triangles encountered

John Harris lost_bits1110 at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 15 13:54:37 EDT 2005

Thanks all for your responses,

My data is actually from an unstructured grid which is composed of
tetrahedra, I then use GeometryFilter to convert the tetrahedra to triangles

Acutally here is my pipeline:

	GeometryFilter
	DecimatePro
	PolyDataNormals
	Delaunay3D

My tolerance is also positive and is set to 0.01.

I even tried passing my decimate object through vtkSmoothPolyDataFilter
first as someone had suggested in a previous post, but this doesnt solve the
problem.

So not only do I get degenerate triangles, but sometimes my program will
crash due to " *** glibc detected *** double free or corruption: "

Here is my exact code:

	GeometryFilter->SetInput( Ugrid );
	DecimatePro->SetInput( GeometryFilter->GetOutput() );
	DecimatePro->SetTargetReduction( 0.9 );
	DecimatePro->PreserveTopologyOn();

	PolyDataNormals>SetInput( DecimatePro->GetOutput() );
	PolyDataNormals->ConsistencyOn();
	PolyDataNormals->AutoOrientNormalsOn();

	Delaunay3D->SetInput( PolyDataNormals->GetOutput() );
	Delaunay3D->SetTolerance (0.01);
	Delaunay3D->SetAlpha(0.0);
	Delaunay3D->BoundingTriangulationOff();
	Delaunay3D->Update();
	Delaunay3D->Modified();

If anyone has any insight that would be great!!
Thank you!!
JH