[vtkusers] vtkStructuredPoints set origin

Burlen burlen at apollo.sr.unh.edu
Fri Aug 12 12:40:27 EDT 2005

Hi, I am using vtkStructuredPoints to visualize some scalar data, in a set of
2d boxes that fit together like a checker board. Each square is a
vtkStructuredPoints dataset which is appended together to form the board. My
data files are defined as a uniform grid that defines the location of where
the scalars are located. each square of the board has a uniform grid, and the
data values are located on grid centers, according to our data format(as
opposed to the default for vtk where the scalars are located on the grid
intersections). The problem I am having is that there are empty strips
between the squares. This because I am using structured points and adding
dx/2 and dy/2 to the origin, to get my scalar data on the correct worldspace
location.  Its like the bounds of my data is coming out dx by dy too short
(1/2 each side). Is there any easy way to get VTK to fill in between
squares?? There are potentially a lot of squares and each one has potentially
very high resolution so I need some efficient way of doing this. Can anyone
offer some advise?

see what I mean here:
http://quaoar.sr.unh.edu/images/pogo_image.png