[vtkusers] VTK 5.0 branch in mid-August

David Cole david.cole at kitware.com
Thu Aug 11 11:40:50 EDT 2005

All right, here's my first use of the big stick. (Duck.)

PLEASE REFRAIN from submitting *NEW NIGHTLY or CONTINUOUS* VTK
dashboards for the time being unless you are 100.0% certain they will be
green. Or unless there's a definite *VTK* problem that we don't have
coverage of that you really think needs to be fixed before we branch
5.0... This does *NOT* include your machine configuration problems. We
are actively working on the few remaining known test failures at this point.

One fairly simple way to get to that 100.0% certainty is to submit
"Experimental" dashboards until those submissions are consistently green
for a few days in a row.

In particular, I am speaking to the submitters of these dashboards
(hopefully listening on this mailing list - if not, hopefully one of
their colleagues is and can forward this message...):
CONSUL Win32-vs71, submitted within the past hour (looks to me like you
don't have Python configured properly)
http://www.vtk.org/Testing/Sites/CONSUL/Win32-vs71/20050811-0300-Nightly/BuildError.html

TPDEV11 Win32-vs71, submitted yesterday (looks like you have a CVS
configuration issue that needs resolution)
http://www.vtk.org/Testing/Sites/TPDEV11/Win32-vs71/20050810-0300-Nightly/Update.html

If you need help setting up a ctest script for dashboard submission that
includes an "update" step in an Experimental dashboard, feel free to
reply to me directly. I'd be happy to help you get an experimental
dashboard going...

Thanks to all for the fixes and careful checkins over the last two
weeks. Let's keep it clean and green till we branch! It's almost
mid-August...

Thanks,
David Cole