[vtkusers] Re: Porting Tcl GUI to Windows

Goodwin Lawlor goodwin.lawlor at ucd.ie
Thu Aug 11 10:00:37 EDT 2005

Jeremy Winston wrote:
> H.Vidal, Jr. wrote:
>
>> tcl and tk run just fine under Windows.
>

> Hi H,
>    Sorry, I should have been more specific:
> The Tcl scripts already run under Windows;
> I want to port 'em to C++ w/a Windows GUI
> so I can share them with end users who won't
> know how to install Tcl.

Hi Jeremy,

You can wrap your tcl gui app into a single file executable (called a
"Starpack") using Tckit. Have a look here:

http://www.equi4.com/tclkit.html

I've created a vtk extended tclkit (called VTKit) here:

http://www.bioengineering-research.com/vtk/vtkit.html

Have a look at the example which creates a single file executable from
the old decimate.tcl example in vtk3.x

If you want your app to have a native look 'n feel for *nix/win/macosx
you should try the tile extension to tk. Its here:

http://tktable.sourceforge.net/tile/

hth

Goodwin