[vtkusers] Normals

Louis Desjardins lost_bits1110 at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 9 13:59:28 EDT 2005

Hi Experts,

I am trying to get the normals of my data set using the following code,
where CellNormals and PointNormals are of type vtkFloatArray

GeometryFilter->SetInput( UnstructuredGrid );
PolyDataNormals_orig->SetInput( GeometryFilter->GetOutput() );
CellNormals =
PolyDataNormals_orig->GetOutput()->GetCellData()->GetNormals();
PointNormals =
PolyDataNormals_orig->GetOutput()->GetPointData()->GetNormals();

However I get the error:
invalid conversion from `vtkDataArray*' to `vtkFloatArray*'

?? Why do I get this? vtkFloatArray *is* a vtkDataArray.. so whats the
problem? Should I not be using vtkFloatArray? and of course vtkDataArray is
an abstract class..
anwyyas i know htis is silly but your help is appreciated
thanks

ld