[vtkusers] linking problems with visual c++

Matt Schmiermund matt at plasticflow.com
Tue Aug 9 11:42:52 EDT 2005

I have recently switched compilers from Borland to
MSVC++ .net. I am trying to compile an old project
that worked fine with Borland, but when I get to the
linking stage now I have problems.

I had conflict problems with msvcprtd.lib and
msvctrd.lib. I ignored these libraries, but now I have
over 200 unresolved external errors. I am linking with
the following vtk libraries

vtkFiltering.lib vtkRendering.lib vtkCommon.lib
vtkGraphics.lib vtkIO.lib vtkImaging.lib vtkqt.lib
vtkexpat.lib vtkfreetype.lib vtkftgl.lib vtkjpeg.lib
vtkpng.lib vtktiff.lib vtkzlib.lib vtkHybrid.lib
vtkParallel.lib

and I get unresolved external errors on all of them.
Is there another library I need to be linking to and I
haven't been able to find?

If anyone has any ideas as to what I can do to fix
this I would appreciate hearing them.

-Matt