[vtkusers] Re: Histogram Equalization

Renaud Isabelle renauisa at yahoo.fr
Wed Aug 3 16:21:33 EDT 2005

Hi,

I would like to use itkAdaptiveHistogramEqualizationImageFilter to compute a standard histogram equalization of my image.

After having read Stark's article, I understood that I have to set up my filter such as:

typedef itk::AdaptiveHistogramEqualizationImageFilter<WorkImageType> HistogramEqualizationType;

HistogramEqualizationType::Pointer histeqFilter = HistogramEqualizationType::New();

//provide minimum info
histeqFilter->GetOutput()->ReleaseDataFlagOn();
HistogramEqualizationType::ImageSizeType radius;
radius.Fill(0);
histeqFilter->SetRadius(radius);
histeqFilter->SetAlpha(0);
histeqFilter->SetBeta(0);

histeqFilter->SetInput(image_initiale);
rescaleFilter->SetInput(histeqFilter->GetOutput());
rescaleFilter->Update();

-- However, it seems that such a thing takes a real long time, and I don't know why. So did I miss something?

-- Moreover, my result, if any, is a dark image. so I am wondering if my input image (image_initiale) should be a rescaled image (gray values in [0 255])

Please help,

Isabelle

Glen Lehmann <glehmann at imaging.robarts.ca> a écrit :
Hey,

The best and most comprehensive itk and/or vtk example can be found
here:

http://www.itk.org/Doxygen/html/
classitk_1_1AdaptiveHistogramEqualizationImageFilter.html

AHE's kinka tricky but J.A. Stark does a pretty good job of explaining
it in the original paper.

HTH,