[vtkusers] PolyDataNormals and Render...

Junior Pilato junior.pilato at gmail.com
Wed Aug 3 13:24:47 EDT 2005

Hi vrkuers

I'm developing a Mass-Spring cloth simulation. In my application I have a
polydata mesh.

My pipeline is:

vtkPolyDataReader -> vtkPolyDataMapper -> vtkActor

After pipeline I have a loop for compute a new coordinate of each point in
mesh and
I call RenderWindow->Render() :

pipeline

while {

compute new coordinate, forces....

refresh polydata points

Render()
}

This is working Ok!

But, I need to compute normals for better visualization....

Then, I try change my pipeline for:

vtkPolyDataReader -> vtkPolyDataNormals -> vtkPolyDataMapper -> vtkActor

But, when I call Render() the mesh appear static and doesnt refresh new
coordinates..

Does anybody else experience this problem or know how to solver this ?

Thanks a lot
Pilato Jr.