[vtkusers] extract Principal Curvatures

philip batchelor philip.batchelor at ucl.ac.uk
Wed Aug 3 09:08:01 EDT 2005

Hi

you can either use a vtkCurvatures filter with appropriate settings, but
the principal curvatures can be unreliable for rough surfaces, as they
are computed indirectly from mean and Gauss, or use the attached class
for vtkCurvatureTensor which also returns the principal curvatures in a
more direct way (with the principal directions too).
vtkCurvatureTensor->GetOutput()->GetPointData()->GetScalars() is a 2
component data array whose components are min and max principal curvatures.

Ph
PS: Expect that the class structure for curvatureswill change future vtk's.