[vtkusers] Molecule structure

John Biddiscombe biddisco at cscs.ch
Fri Apr 29 06:13:51 EDT 2005

re : OpenGlPolyDataPointSpriteMapper
There have been lots of changes in cvs over the last month or so and the tarball may not compile with the current head (but it should). The GLEW code which handles open gl extensions can now be replaced by the opengl extension manager stuff that has gone in. This'll make the code easier to maintain. I'm waiting for a publically accessible cvs server to be set up here and then I'll keep the code sync'ed with the vtk cvs head.

you should be able to update vtk from cvs, go to www.vtk.org and follow instructions, then the vtkopengl.h file ought to be there. I'm up to my ears preparing for our Open day on May 7th. If you can wait until after then I'll sort out a new tarball and get everything synchronized with cvs again.

It should work though. One caveat. For Molecule visualization, I need to add a new array for size sorting of spheres. you can't do a glPointsize inside a glBegin/glEnd block so I need to sort spheres by size and then loop over them. However, I have a better plan to create a new Mapper using programmable GPU stuff anyway which'll make this sort of thing much easier.

ttfn

JB

--
John Biddiscombe,                            email:biddisco @ cscs.ch