[vtkusers] Error compiling the latest CVS

Randall Hand randall.hand at gmail.com
Tue Apr 26 11:00:06 EDT 2005

I can compile the latest CVS (as of this morning, no changes since then)
without any trouble, but during install I get the following error:

-- Installing /viz/home/rhand/local/include/vtk/vtk_png.h
-- Installing /viz/home/rhand/local/include/vtk/vtk_zlib.h
-- Installing /viz/home/rhand/local/include/vtk/vtk_tiff.h
-- Installing /viz/home/rhand/local/include/vtk/internal/stdio_core.h
CMake Error: Error in cmake code at
/viz/home/rhand/src/VTK4.5/vtk-ezviz-CC64pthreads/Utilities/cmake_install.cmake:14:
FILE cannot find file:
/viz/home/rhand/src/VTK4.5/vtk-ezviz-CC64pthreads/Utilities/internal/stdio_core.h
to install.
gmake: *** [install] Error 255

Sure enough, I don't have internal/stdio_core.h. I don't even have a
Utilities/internal directory. I see where evidently this is being
constructed from the internal_stdio_core.h.in file in the Utilities package,
but it's not doing that on my system (SGI, MipsPro compilers 7.4).

Ideas?

--
Randall Hand
Visualization Scientist