[vtkusers] Install question (can't seem to load vtkCommonPython.dll)

Nathan Heazlett nheazlett at breakawaygames.com
Mon Apr 25 14:45:56 EDT 2005

I'm trying to get VTK 4.2 up and running using Python 2.3. When I run the
first example, Cone.py, this is the output I get:

Traceback (most recent call last):

  File
"C:\Python23\lib\site-packages\Pythonwin\pywin\framework\scriptutils.py",
line 310, in RunScript

    exec codeObject in __main__.__dict__

  File "C:\Program Files\vtk42\Examples\Tutorial\Step1\Python\Cone.py", line
13, in ?

    import vtk

  File "C:\Program Files\vtk42\Wrapping\Python\vtk\__init__.py", line 7, in
?

    from common import *

  File "C:\Program Files\vtk42\Wrapping\Python\vtk\common.py", line 9, in ?

    from vtkCommonPython import *

I have the path where vtkCommon.dll is located in my PATH environment
variable. I also put it in my PYTHONPATH as well. Do I need to use a
different version of Python?

Nathan Heazlett