[vtkusers] vtkImagePlaneWidget

Toon Huysmans denhuys at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 25 05:09:35 EDT 2005

Thanks for your reply Dean,

	But still there is a misunderstanding; I don't want to visualize
them side by side.  I would like to put them in the same space, so that
I can more accurately evaluate the registration.  I could ofcourse use a
checkerboard visualisation but I like the way Amira does it.

In Amira, the both the 3D reference and 3D moving image are orthogonally
sliced in their image space. Then the orthogonal planes are transformed
into world space: for the reference image we use the identity transform,
for the moving image we use the registration transform.

The problem with vtkImagePlaneWidget is, that if you apply a
transformation to it, then the images are resliced at the transformed
position instead of at the original position in imagespace.  I just
think that it is not possible to achieve what I want using a
vtkImagePlaneWidget. But still I hope someone tells me I am wrong!

Thanks,

Toon.

│ Postal Address:                                  │

│ Vision Lab, Department of Physics                │

│ University of Antwerp (CMI)                      │

│ Groenenborgerlaan 171 (U306)                     │

│ B-2020 Antwerp, Belgium                          │

│ Tel: +32 (0) 3 265 32 24                         │

│ Fax: +32 (0) 3 265 33 18                         │

│ Email: toon.huysmans at ua.ac.be                    │