[vtkusers] ellipse polydata

Luca Pallozzi Lavorante lucapl at rc.unesp.br
Tue Apr 19 15:31:29 EDT 2005

Hi xujf,
you can obtain an ellipsoid from a sphere by using a transformation
filter (vtkTransformPolyDataFilter) properly configured with a scaling
transformation (vtkTransform). This is easy. You get a smooth surface,
but I dont´t think your polygons would be regular as you need, because
they would be the result of a scaling, which involves strech or extention.
If your are absolutely interested in regular polygons, I think there are
filters to accomplish that from the ellipsoid´s polygons. Perhaps some
other user in this list has done it?

Greetings

Luca