[vtkusers] vtkWindowToImageFilter and TvtkBorlandRenderWindow

Jim jiksed at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 19 11:34:56 EDT 2005

You do not need to create new vtkRenderWindow. Instead you do this:

//TvtkBorlandRenderWindow *vtkRenderWindow1
vtkWindowToImageFilter *w2i = vtkWindowToImageFilter::New();
w2i->SetInput(vtkRenderWindow1 ->GetRenderWindow());

Jim

Anders Vestbo <anders at fmri.no> wrote:
hi,

I am trying to use the vtkWindowToImageFilter to save some snapshots to
a (tiff-)file. I have encapsulated a vtk render window on a standard
TForm component in Borland C++ Builder using the TvtkBorlandRenderWindow
component class (provided in Examples/GUI/Win32/vtkBorland). However,
the following code does not seem to work, i.e. it simply crashes with an
"Access violation":

//TvtkBorlandRenderWindow *vtkRenderWindow1

vtkRenderWindow *renWin = vtkRenderWindow1->GetRenderWindow();

vtkWindowToImageFilter *filter = vtkWindowToImageFilter::New();
vtkTIFFWriter *writer = vtkTIFFWriter::New();

filter->SetInput(renWin);
filter->Update(); <-----crash

anyone have any idea why this happens??

Anders Vestbo