[vtkusers] QVTKWidget - works fine with previous VTK versions?

Clinton Stimpson clinton at elemtech.com
Mon Apr 18 23:45:13 EDT 2005

The code itself works with any combination of Qt 3.0, 3.1, 3.2, 3.3, 4.0 beta
and VTK 4.2, 4.4 and CVS on Windows and X11.  Mac support is limited to Qt
3.3 and VTK 4.2, 4.4, and CVS.  The plugin is not supported at all with Qt4
because the Qt4-beta designer doesn't support plugins yet.

After the next VTK release, the CVS QVTKWidget code will only be supported
with the CVS version of VTK.

So you can use it with VTK 4.2 and 4.4.  The CMakeLists.txt file will need
adjustment if you are building it anywhere other than in the CVS code.
The changes are:
1. Add FindVTK.cmake before/after the FindQt.cmake.
2. Add VTK includes.
3. Comment out all the INSTALL rules at the bottom of the file.  You'll have
to do your own install.

Clint