[vtkusers] (Post on 7 Mar by Dr Zeto) Surface reconstruction from a point cloud

Krista Lam yfl at doc.ic.ac.uk
Sun Apr 17 22:22:21 EDT 2005

Dear All,

Last week, Dr Zeto asked a question about generating a surface from
point cloud. The example of TCL (vtkSurfaceReconstructionFilter) from
vtk.org does not work. Since "vtkSurfaceReconstructionFilter::GetOutput
does not return vtkPolyData*, while vtkContourFilter::SetInput requires
vtkPolyData* as an input". Later on, Mathieu suggested using
vtkImageData to pass data to vtkContourFilter.

What if I only have the coodinations of a set of points and the
coordinations all have 3 decimation (eg. 102.223). And I would like to
use vtkSurfaceReconstructionFilter and vtkContourFilter to generate the
surface from that point cloud. What can I do? Has Dr Zeto solved your
question? If yes, could you give me some hints?

Please help if anyone know. Thank you.

Best Regards,
Krista