[vtkusers] How to set multiple outputports?

Franke, Stephan Stephan.Franke at inpro.de
Fri Apr 15 03:54:08 EDT 2005

Hi,

I have a question to the function SetNumberOfOutputPorts. I have a source reader object that reads geometries from a file.
In this file there can be definied more than one geometries. For each geometry I need a separate visualisation pipeline. At the moment the reader source object has only one outputport so that all geometries from the file where visualize throught this pipeline. In this prozess I have no chance to give individual attribute to a geometry inside this pipline. The attribute is shared to all geometries inside the pipeline. Therefore I need for each geometry a separate pipeline and this means my source reader object needs more than one outputport. When I set fix the number for the outputports inside the constructor of the source reader object class all works fine. But the problem is that I have to know how many geometries are definied in the file and have to implement in the source code the needed number of outputports. What I want is to install the number of outputports through run time. How can I do this ? The problem is that I can not give the New() function a parameter like NumberOfOutputPorts and I do not now where I can install the number of needed ports in my source reader object class, so that the count of outputports is working during run time.
Can you  help me out? Thanks.

Stephan Franke