[vtkusers] vtkXMLImageDataReader ProgressEvent

Slobodan Miskovic bosshcco at gmail.com
Wed Apr 13 18:38:06 EDT 2005

On 4/13/05, David Cole <david.cole at kitware.com> wrote:
>  Set a breakpoint in your Execute method and trace back up the call stack to
> the caller of UpdateProgress: maybe your data size is just small and things
> are working as they should.

Tracing back i see that indeed update gets fired by image reader, but
with amount 1.0. While my data is only about 20MB in size, it still
takes 5-10s to load, and VolView displays the progress when loading
the same data (obviously the gurus at kitware know their stuff much
better than me :).

Perhaps I should put the reader in another thread to give it some more
breathing room and a chance to update more frequently?

Thanks!

Slobo