[vtkusers] fill vtkImageData with RGB data?

Dov Grobgeld dov.grobgeld at weizmann.ac.il
Mon Apr 11 21:50:11 EDT 2005

Hi Mark,

One way of doing it is by first quantizing your image into
a small set of colors (e.g. 1024) and then using a color lookup
table to define the mapping between the color index and the
actual RGB color, as well as an optional alpha channel.

Using RGB directly (if it is all possible) would make it much
more difficult to control transparency through the various
lookup tables.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Dov