[vtkusers] Probe versus Triangule mesh length ...

kraal at netcourrier.com kraal at netcourrier.com
Mon Apr 11 04:04:00 EDT 2005

Hi all,

I've got some problems with probing. I enclose a picture showing this
problem in 2D with :
a) an unstructured grid containing the data and (in red), the
triangle provided to the probefilter
b) the triangle after probefilter execution
c) the expected triangle.

In fact, the probefilter only affects values (interpolated from the
unstructured grid) to the triangle points ... Is there a way to had
something like a pound to each vertex ? ...
I am looking for a way to obtain something like on c) ...
A way could be to use a subdivisionfilter, but I don't know how to fix
the length of the edges before subdivision nor the number of
subdivision, since the triangle are issued from a cutting plane ...
moreover, I don't want to subdivise all the triangles but only ones
with an edge longer than the unstructured grid cells height ...

Any help well be appreciated ...

Sincerely,
Kraal                          mailto:kraal at netcourrier.com