[vtkusers] VTK 4.4 3DS Importer Error

Mathieu Malaterre mathieu.malaterre at kitware.com
Tue Apr 5 08:01:48 EDT 2005

Viksit,

	Could you please read, tha FAQ in particular section:

[How should I ask questions on the mailing lists?]
http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK_FAQ#How_should_I_ask_questions_on_the_mailing_lists.3F

	VTK (and other Kitware products) rely on nightly dashboards
(compilation + tests being done during nights). So chances that a
complete class being is not tested at all is extremely rare.

Anyway, to answer your question:
- The New function is done on line 34 in the header file:

      static vtk3DSImporter *New();

- You need to link against libvtkHybrid where the linker will find the
symbols to link against.

As a side if there was no New function declared in the header the
compiler (step before the linker) would have told you.

HTH
Mathieu