[vtkusers] Surface differencing

Andrew Maclean a.maclean at cas.edu.au
Mon Apr 4 19:07:39 EDT 2005

Has anyone done any work on estimating the difference in volume between a
reference surface and a subsequent surface taken from the same area?

For example, I may have a reference surface of a particular mine face and
after a period of time I generate another surface. I then need to estimate
if any dirt has been added and if any dirt has been removed between the
first and second images of the surface. There are no problems orienting the
surfaces.

Thanks in advance for any pointers/guidelines.

Andrew

Andrew J. P. Maclean
Centre for Autonomous Systems
The Rose Street Building J04