[vtkusers] Scaling and colouring glyphs withdifferent scalararrays

John Platt jcplatt at lineone.net
Mon Apr 4 17:35:15 EDT 2005

Hi John,

Thanks for your offer - I am sure it will be much appreciated. If you
have ever used vtkTensorGlyph in anger, this suffers even more from
shortfalls in control over the scaling/colouring of the glyphs and in
particular, three glyphs.

It's a bit of a surprise to find that the glyph filters don't pass the
input attribute data. For maximum flexibility, it would be nice to be
able to control this aspect of behaviour which would provide a solution
for the colouring problem also. Any work done on vtkGlyph3D could then
be transferred to vtkTensorGlyph providing some uniformity in the
interface.

Sorry to complicate the issue but you might be able to kill two birds
with one stone.

John.