[vtkusers] About Volume Rendering

REGAT-BARREL Aurélien arbvtk at yahoo.fr
Thu Sep 30 08:23:02 EDT 2004

Hi,
I played with volume rendering, and I can remember this behaviour depends on the raycast function you use. You can use an other which will not blur your volume, but it will be very slow. In effect, the time needed to get a nice picture is the time needed to compute only one picture. When you rotate your volume you need to be able to compute about at least 10 pictures per second to get a nice animation. So in your case it may be very painful to rotate the object.
Hope it helps.

kalyan.pushpala at wipro.com wrote:

Hai All,

Iam using vtkRayCastMapper for volume Rendering.

Everything is fine and working( Ofcourse slow )

While iam rotating the volume the image is gets blurred while rotating and after I release the mouse button it taking time to come to its original state

Why that blurring is happening

Any Method to get out of this problem

And any way to speed up the rendering process ( Like graphics cards
etc..)

Thanking You in anticipation

kalyan

Confidentiality Notice

you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender at Wipro or Mailadmin at wipro.com immediately

Aurélien REGAT-BARREL
My VTK blog : http://aurelien_regat-barrel.blogspot.com

Créez votre Yahoo! Mail

Le nouveau Yahoo! Messenger est arrivé ! Découvrez toutes les nouveautés pour dialoguer instantanément avec vos amis.Téléchargez GRATUITEMENT ici !