[vtkusers] on & offscreen render windows

Michael Bonner bonner10 at llnl.gov
Wed Sep 29 19:39:16 EDT 2004

Hello vtk users,

I am trying to use two vtkRenderWindows w/ two vtkRenderes in a single
application. One of the render windows is offscreen, the other is not.  I
would like to use the on screen render window for interaction, but, when a
mouse key release event happens I would like the offscreen window to
render.  I have included a small application that produces my problem. When
the offscreen window goes to render during the key release event the
onscreen window is effected.   I have not been able to diagnose my problem,
everything seems to be behaving as expected, but my window, which was,
prior to the offscreen render, being changed as I moved the mouse, is no
longer changing. The interactor seems to still be handling events, and the
render window is continuing to render, but the image on screen is not changing.

My understanding of OpenGL is limited to a single undergrad intro course,
and I know even less about X windows, if anybody could offer any
suggestions at all I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks for your time
Mike Bonner