[vtkusers] how to create a progressive mesh with vtkDecimatePro

matthias specht specht at ifi.unizh.ch
Wed Sep 29 12:46:24 EDT 2004

hello,
I want to construct a progressive mesh out of my triangle mesh.
In the description if vtkDecimatePro the words "...it is set up generate
progressive meshes, that is a stream of operations that can be easily
transmitted and incrementally updated..." confuses me a lot. It seems
that vtkDecimatePro temprarily constructs a progressive mesh to reduce
the mesh to the desired reduction level.
But what I want is each (incremental) step of the reduction process
(i.e. all edge collapses), not just one intermediate reduced mesh!

if somebody could tell me how to use vtkDecimatePro to construct a
progressive mesh or has a piece of source which does that it would be
highly appreciated. Or if I missunderstood things completely please tell
me...  :)

thanks

matthias

--