[vtkusers] 3D modeling .. some more help plzzzz ...

Florent Chandelier Florent.Chandelier at USherbrooke.ca
Wed Sep 29 10:04:18 EDT 2004

Well, I know that bone tissue is in between 100 and 220 considering the file I
have. In fact I have bmp file so it is not raw acquisition but my all lab work
with bmp though ..... whatever, I make a threshold after reading all the slides
using the "inbetween" option so I set bone to 255 and tissue to 100.
Once this is done, I create a volume with that, that is correct and where my
bone appears in white (255) and where non-bone tissue appeared in light gray
(100) which is correct.
Then, from this volume I want to render a 3D volume using triangles, so first I
extract contour and then apply triangles. This works fine for bone tissue, as I
extract contour of 255 and apply triangles, but if I extract non-bone tissue
using the value 100 in the setValue of vtkcontour.. then I got nothing in my
rendering ..... here is my prob .... I hope I'm clear enough ... or tell me and
I try to explain it in a better way.

So another answer to your mail may be, I don't have range value for bone or
whatever ... but like a binary file 255 for bone and 100 for non-bone tissue .

thx for helping me

florent

Quoting dean.inglis at camris.ca: