[vtkusers] RE: vtkMy TCL packages in static build

Dean Inglis dean.inglis at camris.ca
Fri Sep 24 10:52:33 EDT 2004

Hi Goodwin,

my TCLLIBPATH is correct and I get the same problems with
finding packages:

can't find package vtklocalgraphics
 while executing
"package.orig require vtklocalgraphics
 ("eval" body line 1)
invoked from within
"eval package.orig $args"
(procedure "package" line...

I tried the suggested edit to vtkTkAppInit.cxx
but that fails to compile because, in my build, the #defines in
vtkTkAppInitConfigure.h must be declared and present in
vtkTkAppInit.cxx as they are originally.  That is,
the def of VTK_TCL_PACKAGE_DIR_BUILD must precede its use:

#if defined(CMAKE_INTDIR)
# define VTK_TCL_PACKAGE_DIR VTK_TCL_PACKAGE_DIR_BUILD "/" CMAKE_INTDIR
#else
# define VTK_TCL_PACKAGE_DIR VTK_TCL_PACKAGE_DIR_BUILD
#endif

I have posted to the bug tracker, hopefully someone will get to it...

Dean