[vtkusers] Mouse wheel events not working under Win32?

Charles Boivin Charles.Boivin at rwdiwest.com
Thu Sep 16 16:30:35 EDT 2004

Hello all,

I have been trying to capture MouseWheel events in my own
InteractorStyle object without any success. I am using Visual Studio
.NET 2003 and the CVS version of VTK (CVS updated yesterday) on Windows
XP.

I have been tracking down the events using the debugger and there does
not seem to be *any* calls made to vtkInteractorStyle::ProcessEvents()
that contain either MouseWheelForwardEvents or MouseWheelBackwardEvents.
This is *regardless* of the interactor style object that ends up being
used (my own, or the default one).

I looked at the mailing list archives and it looked like this had been
implemented and was functional... am I missing something? Do I need to
set some macro to make sure that mouse wheel events are generated?

Thank you,

Charles Boivin