[vtkusers] vtkRenderWindow::OffScreenRendering

Glen Lehmann glehmann at imaging.robarts.ca
Thu Sep 16 15:30:01 EDT 2004

Hello,

You can build VTK with Mangled Mesa to enable off screen rendering in
X11 (this is the official vtk-way)

or

  I've update John Shalf's vtk 3.2 solution for X11 that draws into a
glxPixmap.  You can find it here:

www.imaging.robarts.ca/~glehmann/OffScreen/OffScreen.html

I have not looked at that code since it was posted over a year ago;
however, I have heard from a few folks lately who say it's still
working in both Linux and OS X.

Cheers,
Glen

ps - did you search the archives first?  this question has come up many
times over the years.