[vtkusers] Gradient Magnitudes

Lindsey McAninch lindsey at sci.utah.edu
Thu Sep 16 15:14:02 EDT 2004

Hi all-

I have a 3-d volume of C1 of the cervical spine.  I am
trying to calculate the gradient magnitudes of the image
and then do a color mapping to the image for the gradient
at each point.  I was wondering how I could do this.  I
know how to get the magnitude but not how to color the
image according to what the magnitude of the points are.
 If anyone could give me a pointer as to what I should use
or some bits of code, that would be very helpful.  Thanks!

Lindsey McAninch
University of Utah
Scientific Computer and Imaging Institute
50 S. Central Campus Dr.
Salt Lake City, UT 84112

lindsey at sci.utah.edu