[vtkusers] vtkDecimate -- is there any way to preserve some of the original points

Chris Zakrewsky chriszakrewsky at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 16 04:33:47 EDT 2004

Hi all,

I am trying to determine suitability of VTK for our development project.
After researching during two days contents of this mail list, VTK docs and
all other materials available on the web, I have failed to find the answer
following question:

    Is there any way to preserve some arbitrary subset of vertices (from a
mesh)
    unchanged thru the decimation process? (i.e. freeze some vertices, while
    the rest can be decimated)

Is this capability available in VTK at all?

Very best regards,
/Chris Zakrewsky
http://www.ustation.se
Sweden

PS: sorry if this post is doubled. I don't see the original on the
       gmane.comp.lib.vtk.user and I'm retrying from another account now.