[vtkusers] Hi, Question about point picking.

Hui Zhang (James) zhang at isis.imac.georgetown.edu
Wed Sep 15 11:20:45 EDT 2004

Hi,

I have a problem in picking a point in the viewport. What I do is to click one point in the window and try to get the coordiate in world system. After click the mouse, I can get the x, y position, then .

  float pos[3], z = 0;
  vtkWorldPointPicker* picker = vtkWorldPointPicker::New();
//  vtkPropPicker* picker = vtkPropPicker::New();
  picker->Pick(x, y, z, m_Renderer);
  picker->GetPickPosition(pos);

 I found that regardless where I click the point, they will respond the same Zbuffer value. I check using with the following code

  float z2 = m_Renderer->GetZ(x, y);

So I found the return value of z2 is always 1.0 regardless of x and y. Feel strange about it, anyone has some code to get the world coordinate from selected point in the viewport?

Thanks

Hui Zhang (James), Ph.D.

Imaging Science and Information Systems (ISIS) Center
Radiology Department, Georgetown University Medical Center
2115 Wisconsin Avenue, Suite 603, Washington, DC 20007

Office: 202-687-2902
Cell: 240-643-7103
Fax: 202-784-3479
Web: www.isis.georgetown.edu