[vtkusers] vtkGAMBITReader and scalars

Jean M. Favre jfavre at cscs.ch
Wed Sep 15 08:31:35 EDT 2004

Mirelle Mellqvist wrote:

> If I have understood it correct GAMBIT files do support different
> timesteps or? I have all of the nodal coordinates of the grid when it is
> undeformed, and then I have the translation vectors. I want to be able
> to view the deformation and I don't know how this is done with
> vtkGAMBITReader.

The manual page you included says that solutions at different timesteps
can be saved in a GAMBIT file. However, when I wrote the reader, I could
not find any examples of files with solution data. It seems that all
users I talked to are using GAMBIT as an *input* format for Fluent, and
that they save their solution in Fluent format (or something else).
Thus, because of the complete lack of test cases, I did not implement
the possibility to read solution data.

The current version reads mesh connectivity, boundary conditions,
material ids. The source code is available. Anyone wishing to add
functionality is welcome.

--
Dr. Jean M. Favre,                            email:favre @ cscs.ch
http://www.cscs.ch/about/Favre.php