[vtkusers] Problems With Java Applets and IExplorer

brylee at fumbo.com brylee at fumbo.com
Tue Sep 7 13:15:27 EDT 2004

Hi everybdoy, I wonder if I can have a hand on this, I have this Java applet but
every time y try to load it in to a browser does not work! Any ideas or examples
thanks.
Bryan Lee

Ps here is my code of a simple example. Or any Ideas how to put VTK in to a browser.

--- Html code Ini-----
html>
	<head>
		<title> Welcome 23/title>
	</head>
		My first Applet
		<applet code="Vtkjava.class" width="400" height="150"></applet>
		<applet code =Vtkjava.class width=400 height=300 archive ="vtk.jar"></applet>

		The applet is only visible if the Plug-in is installed.

--- Html code End-----

---Java Applet Code---
import vtk.*;
import java.lang.Object;
import java.awt.*;
import java.applet.*;
import javax.swing.*;

  public class Vtkjava extends Applet {

      vtkConeSource cone= null;
      vtkPolyDataMapper coneMapper = null;
      vtkActor coneActor = null;
      vtkRenderer ren1 = null;
      vtkRenderWindow renWin = null;
      vtkRenderWindowInteractor iren = null;
      vtkInteractorStyleTrackballCamera style = null;
      //vtkPanel panel = null;

      public void init(){

          GridBagLayout grid = new GridBagLayout();
          this.setLayout(grid);
          //panel = new vtkPanel();

    vtkConeSource cone = new vtkConeSource();
    cone.SetHeight( 3.0 );
    cone.SetRadius( 1.0 );
    cone.SetResolution( 10 );

    vtkPolyDataMapper coneMapper = new vtkPolyDataMapper();
    coneMapper.SetInput(cone.GetOutput());

    vtkActor coneActor = new vtkActor();
    coneActor.SetMapper(coneMapper);

    vtkRenderer ren1 = new vtkRenderer();
    ren1.AddActor(coneActor);
    ren1.SetBackground(0.1, 0.2, 0.4);

    vtkRenderWindow renWin = new vtkRenderWindow();
    renWin.AddRenderer( ren1 );
    renWin.SetSize(300, 300);

    ren1.GetActiveCamera().Azimuth(90);

    vtkRenderWindowInteractor iren = new vtkRenderWindowInteractor();
    iren.SetRenderWindow(renWin);

    vtkInteractorStyleTrackballCamera style =
        new vtkInteractorStyleTrackballCamera();
    iren.SetInteractorStyle(style);

    iren.Initialize();
    iren.Start();

    }