[vtkusers] Couldn't build Java wrapper in Windows from CVS

yqtan yqtan at realss.com
Mon Sep 6 22:30:14 EDT 2004

Hi, vtkusers.

After trying for several days, I decided to post my questions here. I
checked out the VTK from CVS, and I built it with Java wrapper in linux,
and it works. But when I built in Windows environment, I met errors. Has
anybody succeeded in building the vtk.jar from CVS code in Windows,
please help me. Any suggestion is greatly appriciated.

Here are the errors I met.

--------------------Configuration: VTKBuildAll - Win32
Debug--------------------
Building Custom Rule
D:\Work\Lib\vtkLatest\BIN\java\vtk\vtkBuildAllDriver.class.rule
D:\Work\Lib\vtkLatest\BIN\java\vtk\..\vtk\vtkVTKJavaCommonDriver.java:11:
cannot resolve symbol
symbol : class vtkAbstractTransform
location: class vtk.vtkVTKJavaCommonDriver
dummy = new vtkAbstractTransform();
^
D:\Work\Lib\vtkLatest\BIN\java\vtk\..\vtk\vtkVTKJavaCommonDriver.java:12:
cannot resolve symbol
symbol : class vtkAmoebaMinimizer
location: class vtk.vtkVTKJavaCommonDriver
dummy = new vtkAmoebaMinimizer();
^
D:\Work\Lib\vtkLatest\BIN\java\vtk\..\vtk\vtkVTKJavaCommonDriver.java:13:
cannot resolve symbol
symbol : class vtkAssemblyNode
location: class vtk.vtkVTKJavaCommonDriver
dummy = new vtkAssemblyNode();

The content of vtkBuildAllDriver.class.rule is:
# generated from CMake

The configurations I used are:
BUILD_SHARED_LIBS = ON
VTK_USE_HYBRID = ON