[vtkusers] Re: Module for solid contours?

Charles Boivin Charles.Boivin at rwdiwest.com
Fri Sep 3 13:08:43 EDT 2004

Hi Goodwin,

Thank you for the warning.. I will have a look at this. Any plans on
this being in the next release of VTK?

Charles

>>> "Goodwin Lawlor" <goodwin.lawlor at ucd.ie> 09/03/04 10:14am >>>
Hi Charles,

Sometimes the output of vtkBandedPolyDataContourFilter is unexpected,
cf
http://www.vtk.org/Bug/bug.php?op=show&bugid=727&pos=27
http://public.kitware.com/pipermail/vtkusers/2004-March/022780.html

I wrote a class with the same interface as
vtkBandedPolyDataContourFilter
but the implemetation recursively uses a vtkPolyDataClip internally to
produce the bands or "solid contours". This class doesn't seem to
produce
the artifacts that vtkBandedPolyDataContourFilter does. Here it is:

http://www.bioengineering-research.com/vtk/vtkRecursivePolyDataClip.cxx

http://www.bioengineering-research.com/vtk/vtkRecursivePolyDataClip.h

Ideally, it would be better to find the bug/reason for behaviour in
vtkBandedPolyDataContourFilter

hth

Goodwin

ps. probably should have named the class vtkRecursiveClipPolyData to
be
consistent... but it was just written as a test.

"Charles Boivin" <Charles.Boivin at rwdiwest.com> wrote in message
news:s137042c.059 at mailwest.rwdiwest.com...
> Hello all,
>
> I would like to be able to visualize my data using "solid contours".
> am not sure if this terminology is the correct one, but I know this
is
> the name used in AVS, for example. Basically, I'd like to get the
same
> information as with isolines, but with the regions between the lines
all
> of a uniform color. I have attached a picture (generated in AVS)
that