[vtkusers] How to update after starting vtkRenderWindowInteractor?

Irene Tedjo Irene.Tedjo at gmx.de
Fri Sep 3 06:11:42 EDT 2004

Hi,

i'm trying to enable user interaction in an animation program.

vtkRenderWindowInteractor *iren = vtkRenderWindowInteractor::New();
   iren->SetRenderWindow(renWin);
while(!exit){
   updateMyVis();       // call a function to update the visualization
   renWin->Render();
   //iren->Start();
}

My problem: The loop stops at the line where I call "iren->Start();"
I have to end the renderWindowInteractor to continue the loop.
Does anybody have any idea, how to start an interactor without blocking my
loop?

Thanks,
Irene

--
NEU: Bis zu 10 GB Speicher für e-mails & Dateien!
1 GB bereits bei GMX FreeMail http://www.gmx.net/de/go/mail